Our people must learn to do good by meeting the urgent needs of others; then they will not be unproductive.~ Titus 3:14, NLT

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Did You Know You Can Order Boxes from Operation Christmas Child to Fill?

Last year I had this crazy idea of filling 100 Operation Christmas Child boxes. I gathered items all year long and was happy to have enough items, but where on Earth was I going to get the shoe boxes? I called a few shoe stores only to learn that they either wouldn't take the time to save the ones they had or that they had already promised them to a church that was packing boxes. At first I thought I might have to give up and only pack a few and try to find or buy shoe boxes next year. 
Then I learned that you can buy OCC shoe boxes to fill!!!!!! 
The boxes come in quantities of 100 and are shipped right to your door.
They are flat and you fold them to assemble them.
The cost is based on your zip code for shipping costs. (Mine was only $35.00)

Even if you don't need 100 boxes personally, perhaps you could get them and give out extras to friends, family and neighbors to fill.

I will note that I found the boxes held up better when we applied tape to both ends where the folds are. This is also mostly because we really stuffed them!

To learn more about ordering boxes, Click HERE.

"like" me on facebook for even MORE deals, tips and ways to help others! CLICK HERE and then click "like".


No comments:

Post a Comment

"like" our facebook page